Creating a successful email campaign is a combination of following the industry’s best practices and always looking for opportunities for improvement. Here are six tips for making the most of your email campaigns:
- Put important content “above the fold.” If readers have to scroll down, they may not read it.
- Make the “from” line of your email recognizable. People want to know right away who is sending them an email. If they don’t recognize the sender, it could be deleted without being read.
- Use a subject line that communicates value. No one is going to waste time opening an email that appears to be nothing more than a useless sales pitch.
- Make your emails easy to read. Use strong headlines, bullets, bolding, color and logical layout to create clear copy. Keep the content concise, to the point and benefits-driven.
- Make it easy to subscribe. Include an email sign-up form on your home page, above the fold. By the same token, make it easy for them to unsubscribe.
- Don’t over communicate. Sending too many emails is a surefire way to get people to opt out of your email campaigns. Make sure you coordinate with any other departments that might be communicating with your customers as well.
Be sure to call PIP Printing for help with your next email marketing campaign. Whether you need template design services or copywriting, deployment and campaign analyses, we can help.