A feeling of connectedness is something everyone needs in their lives. In fact, most people prefer to do business with companies they feel connected to than with those they don’t. Here are ten tips for encouraging a sense of connectedness with your customers:
- Send an email or hardcopy newsletter, not just hard-sell marketing promotions.
- Provide a medium for sharing customer questions, answered by other customers.
- Share customer stories, including real-life examples of how people overcame challenges or seized opportunities.
- Post customer/client photos on your website.
- Send a press release about your “customer of the month.”
- Invite customers to online or in-person events that they’ll find valuable.
- Host events that encourage customer-to-customer associations, not just customer-to-staff connections.
- Celebrate client milestones and/or customer anniversaries.
- Create marketing promotions that encourage current customers to reach out to former customers.
- Continually solicit formal and informal feedback from customers and take action on it.
Promoting a feeling of connectedness can go a long way toward increasing customer loyalty. Contact us at PIP Printing for more ideas on how to make sure your customers feel like they’re truly valued by your business.